The Summit Shop
We sell a range of local and ethical products from the bakery, including local apple juice and fruit cordials made by the Kirkbymoorside Environment Group, Jams, Marmalades and Chutneys made by local people, and local eggs.
We sell flour from Yorkshire Organic Millers and fresh yeast if you want to bake your own bread.
We stock a range of fair-trade coffees, and a large selection of Ecover and BioD cleaning products – don’t forget to bring your empty bottle for a discount on a refill.
Our ethical policies
Wherever practical we try to use local and fair-trade produce in the cafe and bakery –
- Local eggs (outdoor reared, small flock)
- Fairtrade sugar in the café and bakery
- Fairtrade coffee & Rainforest Alliance tea
- Local milk
- Local organic flour
We reuse and recycle our waste, for example –
- any stale bread goes to feed the hens (or pick some up for your garden birds),
- the jam jars are refilled,
- we take back the apple juice bottles for refilling,
- newspapers and cardboard are reused by our neighbouring antique shop for packaging,
- we avoid unnecessary packaging, paper bags are used where possible, boxes or fabric bags are offered in preference to disposable carrier bags.